1. I can do my own dress zipper up and down, which is super handy for getting ready.
2. I can use my hand as a comfortable face rest anywhere I go.
3. Ehlers Danlos syndrome has taught me not to judge other people on face value.
4. I can sleep in any position, pretty much anywhere.
5. I don’t need to buy Halloween face paint — the bags under my eyes are big and dark enough.
6. There’s never an itchy spot on my body I can’t reach.
7. I can type incredibly fast — which is helpful in meeting deadlines.
8. People who care about you will stay in your life and the rotten eggs won’t.
9. I have gotten back into some hobbies that have helped give me a purpose, such as art and blogging.
Other Patients’ Thoughts
10. “It makes me more understanding when others are struggling, and I can empathize.” — Robyn Frances Tipple-Smith.
11. “I love that I can educate people and make new friends with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, known as ‘Zebras.’” — Abby Cappleman.
12. “It forces me to slow down and focus on what is really important. I get to spend more time with my kids than if I was busy all the time.” — Carol Youree Rothage
13. “I love that I look younger due to stretchy skin.” — Fiona Willis
14. “It makes me a great dancer.” — Justine Hills
15. “My skin is super soft, no moisturizer needed.” — Ashley Baliou.
Do you struggle with EDS and have learned to love something about your condition since you were diagnosed? If so, I would love to hear about it in the comments below.