1. “Imagine the worst sickness, fatigue and pain and your head is in a deep fog where it made you think to go to the hospital. Now imagine feeling like that every day and knowing if you go to the hospital they will likely find nothing wrong and send you home and tell you to see your family doctor. That is Fibromyalgia Disorder.
2. “Imagine waking up in the morning feeling exhausted, as if you hadn’t slept in days. As you lie in bed, trying to rustle up the energy to get up and make your way to the bathroom, you wrestle with the thought: ‘Can I make it through another day?’ Then imagine that everything you do, even the smallest tasks, feels like you are walking through waist-high wet concrete.
3. “Picture a phone. There’s something wrong with the charger. No matter how much you try to charge it it never charges past 50 percent, if you’re lucky. You close all the apps so you can to try to preserve battery, but it’s no use. It quickly drops back down to zero percent in no time. Now imagine you’ve been hit by a bus, and you are the phone.
4. “I tell people, ‘Do you know how you feel when you have the flu? Body aches all over, everything hurts even your hair and nails? Yea, those are my good days.
5.“Think of the worst flu you’ve ever experienced, and pair that with falling down three flights of stairs, straight into a beehive. That’s Fibromyalgia Disorder.
6. “For me Fibromyalgia Disorder is fuzzy and foggy thinking and on a bad day moving feels like I am trying to walk through thick Jell-O. Doing normal things causes pain. Total exhaustion without the benefit of restful sleep.
7. “It’s like your body was in a car accident while you had the flu and you never quite got over either one of them.
8. “The worst thing about this illness is you can’t [imagine it]. There are way too many symptoms that I think people get lost after you list the first 10. That’s often why people with fibro feel so isolated and turn to the online community to find people who understand it. Continue reading on next page…