by REBECCA ENDICOTT
We all gets the jitters from coffee occasionally, but did you know it’s actually possible to have a caffeine overdose?
Tragically, the topic of caffeine overdose is on a lot of people’s minds at the moment, after the devastating death of a teen from South Carolina this past week.
Davis Allen Cripe, just 16 years old, passed away from a cardiac event after consuming several caffeinated drinks in just a few hours, according to CNN.
The high school student drank a caffe latte, a large iced Mountain Dew, and an energy drink during a two-hour period before suffering a cardiac arrhythmia at school. He was pronounced dead just an hour later.
Davis’s tragic death sheds a light on a problem that many parents and teens aren’t aware of.
Davis’s parent want their loss to help educate other parents about the serious dangers of caffeine overdose.
There’s a huge difference between one cup of coffee and a dangerous amount of caffeine, but it’s important that everyone know the signs.
What Is Caffeine?